DearLinde & Dave—Happy Holidays (Solstice, Hannukah, etc.!)
(I tended to copy vast chunks of prose and paste it in the letters I wrote during this time—so I deleted most of it as it appears in other letters—though it was probably written to Linde. This is all that survived).
...Saw ’nother crazy movie, Leon the Pig Famer with tuff guy Brian Glover as a Yorkshire pig farmer trying to make his newfound adult son (an artificial insemination mix up) feel at home—the son’s kosher so the very mention of pig brings on paroxisms of guilt & fainting fits. Glover decides to make him feel at home—with Jewish guilt & Yiddishisms. Only if you know the intense shave-head thugs Glover’s played in the past makes it such a funny image. I also had a Yorkshire couple in a class I taught. The man insisted he could only draw bitters. The accent made me so homesick. I’m imprinted, Dave, I miss your voice (& the rest of U2). Have a loovely cuppa & think of me. It goes w/o saying I miss you too Linde! & the piddley puddytats. If I don’t send this soon, it’ll be New Year’s! Kisses & hugs
No comments:
Post a Comment