which is far easier to mine than following your dreams.
I took instructions from the sky to talk less,
not allowing love in. I was accustomed to abandonment,
and I continued on, in love with my own darkness,
until the path disappeared. No lantern to light the way.
I convinced myself that the shining beauty pouring in
was merely an algorithm of the soul. I didn’t know
my silence too was a form of armor, shielding me
from myself, that celestial light shining upon us,
was bearing witness, only I couldn’t see
that armor is no longer needed to let amor in.
This is where the truth begins to let the light in.
TheNarrativeMethod.com prompt
This was a collage poem where I took fragments from the mosaic of other readers, then reshaped and juxtaposed them to become my own words. I usually don’t write so esoterically, or intellectually, as I am in love with visual imagery, painting with words, which carries the voice my writing. But the point of joining these writing groups is to expand my writing skills and repertoire.
No comments:
Post a Comment