Asia Moore is speaking on the power of perspective, it is ironic. I am annoyed by our guest speakers who clearly have not done their homework, and decide to tell us what they think we need to know without knowing who their audience is. They don’t realize that we are fully fledged poets in our own right, contributing to the state and national poet laureates of America. But I can’t share that thought in the Zoom chat because it’s disabled. So I will take the easy way out and not participate at all. Abdication too is a tool.
She plays hip-hop, edgy music as we freewrite which totally derailed me. Moving me right out of the piece and the moment. I can’t completely shut off the sound. Students may like to write to music to make it different. But I don’t. OK I get that totally, but I am disappointed that we didn’t have a choice and we had to listen to the awful music. How can I possibly pick up from where I left off? Now I am in time present and no longer in the moment. Where is my river? Where has it gone to.
8/20 CPITS, annual symposium, Asia Moore
No comments:
Post a Comment