Friday, January 10, 2014

Why I didn't submit anything to Phyllis Meshalum’s anthology


So sorry I didn't get a chance to submit anything to Phyllis Meshalum’s CPITS Crossroads teaching anthology. But I've been completely overwhelmed with a kitchen mishap—burst pipes, kitchen sink torn out, contractors making LOTS of noise, Neil's car was stolen, and I am sick, and on hold for knee surgery, etc. 

Woot! I now have a kitchen sink. I now have running water. I even have electricity. I can do dishes. I can make meals. Still allergic to new fake wood odors outgassing—so the kitchen door needs to be open all the time. Rain or shine, make that freezing weather. But at least the black mold that's been making me sick for ages is now eradicated. Cleaning up now, or attempting to make the space habitable. Tiles & countertops coming next Wed. When you don’t have countertops preparing food becomes an interesting balancing act in the kitchen. The stove is my only flat surface besides the floor. But I've a window of opportunity today and Sunday to breathe….it’s the little things.

No comments: