Tuesday, January 28, 2014
Bursting into tears at the DMV while waiting for a handicap plaque
Feeling a bit better today. I went out yesterday to get a DMV handicapped plaque, and it was so draining, standing there in line, I burst into tears at the check-in desk. First day out alone. Teetering on crutches. Yeah, when I realized how weak the surgery made me, I've had to rearrange most of my commitments for this week. Had to nap when I got home. Too tired to even Facebook! Home alone really sucks.
Tomorrow I go to an East Oakland school to work with little kids for MLK oratory fest. That'll be my first real day away from home. Driving ought to be a nightmare. I missed one pain pill last night and woke early because knee was throbbing. So I stagger Advil with my pain meds, the ones I can keep down, taking the bare minimum, and i compensate by icing my knee several times a day. Elevate, elevate. the RICE regime is all that I have going for me.
Coached some kids for MLK Oratory competition this AM. I am nauseated, RE: pain level creeping up into the red zone. Came home to ice my knee. See if that helps. Advil may be my friend, but it is a brutal enemy to my esophagus. I’m running out of options.
From a Facebook post.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment