Thursday, July 11, 2013

On Dyslexia


My grandfather had an eidetic memory, and on the other side of the family, we also had math geniuses—My mother's cousin Marie Walsh worked on the Manhattan Project—and died from it too.

But most of us are wildly dyslexic and exceptionally gifted—it takes a lot more brain power to unravel what most people get right away and take for granted.

I wish someone had told me, that my intellect was intact and that I'd continue to bloom long after high school—those of us with dyslexia take a long time arriving. Enistein, Charles Schwab—so many brilliant dyslexics.

I discovered that by talking out loud, I could problem-solve—bypassing the clogged neural circuitry using aural perception. I do a lot of—if this is to this, then, that is to that—type of equations. Seems to work.

I was 30 before I discovered I had dyslexia, (a car accident—neural testing) and yes, like your daughter, teachers told me I was dumb, stupid—yet my IQ is quite high.

The secret is how to access your brain. Finding the right path. Art was my saving grace, I can draw something to learn/understand its structure. How I go through biology! OK, enuf already! Disclosures to relative strangers—chewing your ear off, or rather your eyes.

LOL! Gotta format and swap out a SSD-HD to save my elderly MacBook from obsolescence. TTFN!

No comments: