Friday, April 5, 2013

Plus poem prompt

CINQUAINS

Cinquains
there are some things
I'm not fond of like writing
tight little poems in for
mation


4/5/13


syllables 2-4-6-8-2
stresses 1-2-3-4-1

PADI: write a plus poem. Plus can mean a lot of things, and even the act of addition could equate to subtraction.

NaPoWriMo: write a cinquain on this, the fifth day of NaPoWriMo. A cinquain is a poem that employs stanzas with five lines. Each line has a certain number of accented or stressed syllables, and a certain number of overall syllables per line. In the “American” cinquain, a form invented by a woman with the highly unfortunate name of Adelaide Crapsey, the number of stresses per line is 1-2-3-4-1, and the number of syllables is 2-4-6-8-2. So the first line would have two syllables, one stressed and one unstressed. The second line would have four syllables, two of which are stressed, and so on. This kind of accent/syllabic verse can be a bit frustrating at first, but it’s useful for learning to sharpen up your language!


Molly Fisk: April 5 prompt: These are the things that no one ever told me...


THERE ARE THINGS NO ONE EVER TOLD ME

So I needed a DVI to HDMI cable
that was 15cm long. 
Not being metric savvy, 
I Googled X cm to inches ratio 
to get an idea of cable length
and the first entry was
average human penis size. 
Not what I was expecting. 
I'll never have trouble 
remembering how long 15cm is again.
Thanks for the image, Google.

4/5/13


30 Day Poetry Challenge: Make something. Anything! Write a poem about your spontaneous making experience.



APRIL A POEM A DAY info

No comments: