Saturday, December 4, 2021
Happy Birthday Jeff Bridges
LOL, when I was six, I was playing with Jeff in the shallow end of the pool—my mom and Lloyd were in a production of Guys and Dolls at Sacramento’s Music Circus—and Beau, on babysitting detail, would have none of that. I was heartbroken. I also didn’t like Beau. So they mercilessly cannonballed the deep end of the pool while I rocked in their wake in the shallow end. I must’ve been crying. Lloyd—Mr. Sea Hunt—dandled me on his knee, and gave me a crystal star. I was starry-eyed. I asked Lloyd why he named his eldest son Boy, when he clearly was way older than Jeff. Lloyd roared with laughter. It was years later before I found out whey it was so funny. I always had a soft spot in my heart for Jeff. Happy Birthday Jeff Bridges, fellow Sagge. Abide, dude.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment