Friday, February 28, 2020
Old guitar
Last night I got to play an old guitar from the 1900s, lightweight, lovely triangular neck, smooth action, brilliant tone—turns out it was from the lineage of a prototype for the famed Martin guitar. Of course, I couldn’t play worth shit, it’s been too Zana Darrow Started playing in high school. I got my Martin when I was 16. I opted for a classical, but played folk music on it. I loved the sound of that Martin, that’s why I got it. It came from a pawn shop down on Market Street. A 1964 Martin with a Brazilian rosewood bridge. A controlled substance, as it were, so I can never take it out of the country. It’s been too long since I really played the guitar. But it was interesting to see how some of the old licks came back after a lot of bad noodling around.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment