Three itty-bitty kitties are sleeping in the dark cubbyhole next to my bed at my host house in San Jose. My host family’s feral cat moved in a while back, and decided that it was a very good place to have her babies in the oldest boy’s bed. OMG Baby kittens! Tiny, tiny kittens with eyes open wide. Welcome to the world.
They are in a dark cave, and I don’t want to use a flash on them. I’ve made friends with the mom, with smoked salmon. So maybe tomorrow I’ll take them out of their cave and do a family photo. Mama kitty loves me. It means I have to sleep with all the doors open so that she can come and go. But the babies are fast asleep. Two gray tabbys, and one orange boy. God help me, and give me the strength to say no.
A friend said, “The eyebrow arches a bit at my use of baby kittens,” but it reminded him of a story of a woman who saw some mares and foals in a field. She had a brain freeze, couldn't remember the word "colts," & blurted out "O Look! Horse kittens!"

No comments:
Post a Comment