Monday, October 23, 2017

Will Chubb's photo of the iconic Red Barn


Perhaps the one thing I will mourn the loss of most is the Fountaingrove Red Barn. A photographer is offering prints of it free.

Will Chubb Photography wrote: "Many of you are requesting a print of our beloved Red Barn. Just email me at rwc@sonic.net, or @WillChubbPhotography, and I will send in the order to Costco, free of charge, just let me know what size you want. It will be printed on photo paper. All you have to do is go to Costco and pick it up. If you want a metal or canvas print, I'll let you pay for it."


ROUND BARN

Round barn, red as the setting sun,
doubly vibrant against the fresh green
of spring grass where countless horses
once grazed, tearing away the past 
with each mouthful, their hunger 
is now the hunger of sorrow.
For what the eye is missing.

If I tilt my head just so, I can hear 
the ghost horses whinny from the stalls 
of a venerable redwood barn 
now returned to stardust and ash.

10.23

No comments: