Wednesday, October 4, 2017
Allergy Season (looon)
I must admit I'm mad for sage. Such incredible diversity. I was in Lone Pine marveling over the vast variety of sages. I nearly sneezed myself into oblivion. I sneezed so long and hard, my heart was having a hard time figuring out when to beat. OK, so I don't have native sages, but they're still blooming, and the bumble bees are rolling on their backs in euphoria. Who am I to deny them that? The butterflies and the hummers too join in the tasting. This unseasonable season, sage still blooming in fall.
FWIW, I also water the squirrel, as the nearest fresh water is so far away for him. In return, he leaves me acorns. Then changes his mind, nearly drowning in the process of trying to retrieve his nuts.
If I were a crawdad,
I would have sneezed myself backwards
into the next watershed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment