—for Katelin Stuart
It seems I've gotten a jumpstart on Friday the 13th.
Backing out of the old narrow garage,
built in the days of carriages and Model Ts,
requires a subtle skill set in order to park
without tearing the side mirrors off the car.
Something I've managed to do for 13 years.
But a freak wind gust slammed a carriage door
into my left side rear view mirror,
breaking it clean off off at the door frame.
breaking it clean off off at the door frame.
No hope of properly fixing the plastic housing
so I jimmied it with duct tape and kite string.
Then, while driving back into the garage,
apparently I didn't get the first lesson of the day.
Another stealthy gust, & the other carriage door
thunderously smacked the passenger mirror off.
So, I can't see what's behind me—literally.
Now I'm afraid of what will happen if I look up
through the inside rear view mirror.
Perhaps the roof will fall on me.
A friend reminds me that at least
I still have a rear view mirror.
For a while, the car thieves had it.
I still have a rear view mirror.
For a while, the car thieves had it.
I should consider myself lucky.
At least neither mirror broke.
No comments:
Post a Comment