Tuesday, April 3, 2012
dread virus woes, or teaching while voiceless
Sick again. Ugh. Feeling a little better this AM—nasty virus kneecapped me on Sunday. "Course, I haven't really gotten up yet. So all seems good. I really felt it this afternoon. Did too much. Not horrible, just sickly. Cough cough. Taught oil pastels to 3 classes of 4-5th graders in San Jose—part of a CAC AIS grant. Very tired. Need to jump on it and get into the wind (as James Byrd would say). For I have miles to go before I sleep. CROAK! Now I'm completely voiceless. Neil O'Neill likes this. Maddening in that Neil kept asking me how I lost my voice, as if I was careless and left it on the bus or something. Think I'm going to try another shower to see/hear if that helps. Still hoarse, sound like a hoase debarked dog. Throat is killing me. I have little islands of voice back... still unpredictable. But every once and a while I can actually make a normal sound. Hit a note or two. Maybe I should try singing in order to speak.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment