In the mid-1990s, I looked at my publishing record, which was pretty good, I had either placed, or won several awards, but so many magazines began asking for readers fees, I realized that my publishing effort was like funding a vanity press. And when I added it all up, it cost me more to publish my poems than the prize money that I won. Done. Also, a bad car accident in the late 1990s derailed me. I was so PTSD, it took a long time to work my way back to the writer’s hut. Why I went back to school to get my MA, etc., was to reboot my brain. Now everything is “published” in my blog as it were. Catch and release.
Sunday, March 14, 2021
Publishing track record
In the mid-1990s, I looked at my publishing record, which was pretty good, I had either placed, or won several awards, but so many magazines began asking for readers fees, I realized that my publishing effort was like funding a vanity press. And when I added it all up, it cost me more to publish my poems than the prize money that I won. Done. Also, a bad car accident in the late 1990s derailed me. I was so PTSD, it took a long time to work my way back to the writer’s hut. Why I went back to school to get my MA, etc., was to reboot my brain. Now everything is “published” in my blog as it were. Catch and release.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment