Sunday, August 24, 2014

Earthquake!

Quake, rattle and roll. Was nearly tossed off the couch in Pt Reyes Sta. Apparently I needed a seatbelt. Who knew? I leaped up but didn't know where to go—I was at a friend's house, Tomasini Canyon on the Marshall Road. You know how it is when you finally fall asleep in a strange house, all the creaks and groans are new, and surprisingly disturbing, and you never slip all the way under. You could hear the redwood tree swaying like a fierce wind storm. An owl lives at the top of that tree. Kept thinking he might fall out of his nest. Helluv an alarm clock. And for once it's not San Andreas' fault. Go home Hayward Fault, you're drunk. (Or Rogers' Creek, or Calaveras' fault) or whoever's fault it was. LOL—it was Napa's fault! I think some of the earlier quakes must've woken me up. Sleeping square. I needs must sleep. The earth is Rockin' me Baby. Went back to sleep at 5:30 AM.

Lots of aftershocks according to Quakebot SF. I think this one woke me up. So I could be ready for the Big One. SF QuakeBot @earthquakesSF 7m

A 1.8 magnitude earthquake occurred 4.97mi NW of American Canyon, California. Details: eqbot.com/aPL Map: eqbot.com/aP3

6.0 #earthquake centered 8 mi. N/NW of Vallejo, Napa County. Shallow quake says #usgs.

The epicenter party was in Napa, it seems the earth decided it needed a little drinkie-poo. Now this is a first. Napa, of all places, is the epicenter. Didn’t even know there was a faultline in Napa. Napa’s brick buildings didn’t fare so well. OMG, all that wine LOL, people standing ankle deep in really good wine. Quite a few folks lost their entire wine collections. Thinking of custodian/janitor/sommelier as new job description! Clean up on isle 4. Quick! Get me a straw. 

No comments: