Saturday, May 30, 2020

Dream sequence, Memorial Day storm

I was awakened by a flash of lightning, rolling thunder in the distance, I remembered my dream of a parallel world, where we all gathered on the green, catching up with old friends, righting those missed connections & acting on those old regrets—while waiting for the main event to begin. Perhaps it was a concert. I don’t remember. The dream linked the past with time-present and I had the the realization that we can never go back to who we were. I contemplated the losses, the regrets I had were for people that I cared deeply about, but I was  too secretive, too afraid to let them know. And now they’ve gone onto other lives. Some have died. I sleep with the curtains permanently open. The lightning was pretty intense as it was still dark out. And so I began to count: one thousand one, one thousand two...seven. And the thunder was far off, it did sound like it was far out to sea. Then it was followed by a good rain shower. A soaker. So odd in May. In the midst of our daily storms, finding the green, a public forum, in order to reconnect, reconstruct the unraveled threads of our lives.

No comments: