Friday, June 14, 2019

Flannel nights



Hot June nights. Time for the ritual to swap out my winter flannel sheets. Now watch, as soon as I do that, the weather will take a turn for the worse. Never fails. Whenever I swap out my flannel sheets for summer ones, the weather changes—damn near froze most of the night. Why do I always forget about June Gloom? This is as close as we get to rain these days. Fizzle drizzle. I managed to wear my summer nightie all of  3 times. Now it’s back to my flannels. I've been cold all day, I'm hopelessly dressed for summer, a sleeveless top and shorts, but my frozen feet are realists. We may be moving toward the Summer Solstice, but encouraged by an outbreak of Karl the Fog, the coast has its own ideas. I found some really nice extra roomy flannel nightgowns at the local Goodwill. I won’t be able to wear them for months but I’m very excited by the prospect. 

No comments: