Tree & rock, Hick's Valley, West Marin. If I can take the back-back road from point A to point B, and bypass the idiot tourists, I’ll do it. This vista is my reward. I've been meaning to take a photo of this particular tree and rock on Hick’s Valley Road for ages, but there's no place to pull over. So yesterday, I just stopped right in the middle of the road and made time to just do it. I'm afraid it's a one-off snap, no time to fiddle with composition, placement, etc., so there's a random element to it. I'm thinking of making a chalk pastel of it for the upcoming art show.
A Facebook friend, Marc Nassar, who once lived here long ago, said, Like seeing a photo of a long lost old friend. Love it, thanks. I always tried to pull over and sit with it hours at a time, for years. Go for the pastel. Very inspiring spot.
Another friend, Arlyn Millie said, If Poetic License Press weren't such a tiny press, I'd publish Volumes 1-3 of Good News and Beautiful Reminders by Maureen Hurley, Artist & Writer. I appreciate that tragedy and ugliness don't obscure your view of the awesome and delightful. As I like to say: And also. That this.
At this point I'd be over the moon with a chapbook or a broadside. Hell I’d be over the moon if I could just feel better. Still feeling pretty sick, the cough is a killer. But I'm champing at the bit—this is the longest I've stayed in one place since August—I’m flat out sick. I want to feel better soon so I can do a drawing of this photo. Maybe later today.
But someone stole my iPad the other day—and I had several photos in waiting all lined up for art pieces. I’m still reeling. Luckily, I took this photo with my camera, not the iPad. So I had a backup of it. On a lark, I had entered an art show at a Senior Center (I haven't shown any art in DECADES!) so, iPad or no iPad, I gotta crank something out soon. Deadline approaches.
(I wound up making a print of this photo for the art show, which sold! Thus paying for my frames, and developing.)
From a Facebook post, revised
San Geronimo Valley Community Center Spring Art Show

No comments:
Post a Comment