Thursday, April 11, 2019

Spring cold misery


Ah, spring. Allergies morphed into a head-chest cold in record time. I'm slayed. I'm not going anywhere Too sick. The cough alone... Maybe there's some zinc in the cabinet above the sink. As to the retinol, won't it grow hair in my throat? My voice feels like that.

I swear, right now, lemon curd is as good as sucking on ten Ricolas. Tastier. Bonne Mamam from Grocery Outlet $1.99! Tastes especially good off my granny's tiny silver spoon. And it gives me the illusion that I'm not eating very much of it. Hah. I did eye the graham crackers. Next round. Or, I could just drop all the pretense and go for lemon curd on a spoon right out of the jar.

I made lemon garlic chicken broth earlier, and I couldn't even taste the garlic. My tastebuds are pretty whacked.

All this coughing, my voice has taken a beating...keeps cracking, so painful. Last night was rough. Aching hips, sieve of a nose. Advil and a soak helped. Soaked in the hot tub, and am a noodle but it eases the dry cough that is leveling me. Also using the car as a dry sauna.

Day two of hot tub and car sauna to ease the symptoms. My granny used to bundle herself up and sit in the car to break or bake a fever. I find myself doing the same. impromptu sauna. And I don't readily sweat when I'm healthy.

I'm at the impossible cough stage so I need all the help I can get. Though I can safely say, the turning point was yesterday. I'm on the mend, after three days of misery. Today I could feel the difference. Still pretty sick. Fell asleep late nap....and I never nap. fell asleep reading this afternoon. I never fall asleep in the afternoon. Other than the unproductive cough, I can feel the shift. I am on the mend. Yes. 

Not going to FK on Sun. Not going anywhere. AK! 3 AM. there's a reason why I never take late afternoon naps. Still pretty shaky, though. Staying in bed the full week on this one. The cough is MURDER. I'm going to have six-pac abs at this rate with all the coughing I'm doing.

No comments: