Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Sick as a dog

A

What I thought were allergies morphed into a head-chest cold in record time. I'm slayed. The cough alone... I made lemon garlic chicken broth and couldn't even taste the garlic. I'm not going anywhere. Too sick. Maybe there's some zinc in the cabinet above the sink. As to the retinol, won't it grow hair in my throat? Throat feels like 5 o’clock shadow stubble. 

The lemon curd is as good as sucking on ten Ricolas. Tastier. Bonne Mamam from Grocery Outlet $1.99! Tastes especially good off my granny's tiny sterling spoon. And it gives me the illusion that I'm not eating very much of it. Yes, my voice has taken a beating...keeps cracking, so painful. I'm really sick. This is a bad one. staying home. Soaked in the hot tub, and am a noodle but it eases the dry cough that is leveling me. Also, I’m using the car as a dry sauna. 

Day two of hot tub and car sauna to ease the symptoms. My granny used to bundle herself up and sit in the car to break or bake a fever. I find myself doing the same. impromptu sauna. And I don't readily sweat when I'm healthy. I'm at the impossible coughing stage so I need all the help I can get. Coughing jags are horrible. The cough is MURDER. I'm going to have six-pac abs at this rate with all the coughing I'm doing. Though I can safely say, the turning point was yesterday. I'm on the mend, after three days of misery.  The virus took the wind out of my sails. I fell asleep reading this afternoon. I never fall asleep in the afternoon. AK! 3 AM. there's a reason why I never take late afternoon naps. Still pretty shaky, though. Staying in bed the full week on this one. Other than the unproductive cough, I can feel the shift. I am on the mend. 

No comments: