Someone posted a meme that all your old horses will be in Heaven. I think: Oh great, I'll be stuck keeping the Little Shits, consummate escape artists, in the pasture. Pure purgatory. I spent more time chasing after them at midnight, than I care to admit....they loved to roam. Shetland-raccoon crossbreed. I used to tie them up on a long rope to graze in spring, but they'd escape. So I hobbled their forelegs, ditto their back legs. Then I hobbled both ends. Damned if they couldn't gallop fully hobbled and trussed up like turkeys. I finally resorted to double hobbling with a cross rope between the front and back end....still they'd dink down the road on moonlit nights.
4/5/2016
Becky Dart: Born to Run
Kiger mustangs carry rare Iberian Sorraia mtDNA
The jockey's baton
B/G Sandwich Shops plate, or the tale of Ralph Moody
Eating the Wind
Helgar the HorribleLetter to Sigrun in Iceland (Helgar the Horrible)
Mexico Journal: Aug. 19, San Juan Chamula on horseback
The Little Shits
Shetlandish Escape Artists
Shetland foal, H.M.S. Salt
Horse Chestnuts
Horses in Heaven
Sitting Deep
Kiger mustangs carry rare Iberian Sorraia mtDNA
The jockey's baton
B/G Sandwich Shops plate, or the tale of Ralph Moody
Eating the Wind
Helgar the HorribleLetter to Sigrun in Iceland (Helgar the Horrible)
Mexico Journal: Aug. 19, San Juan Chamula on horseback
The Little Shits
Shetlandish Escape Artists
Shetland foal, H.M.S. Salt
Horse Chestnuts
Horses in Heaven
Sitting Deep

No comments:
Post a Comment