Sunday, August 30, 2015

Yet another headache...


How long is time enough to wait for a headache to just go away? Begone! I held out for three hours, it's not following directions. Sigh. Hello Advil for breakfast. Ugh.

When my head hurts, the last thing I want is food so that I can take the blasted Advil. Maybe take it with some choco-milk, instead. If only I had some more milk....

Update: Advil is not working. Perhaps some wine. Is it 5 PM somewhere yet?

I slept wrong, usual culprit. My old whiplash is paying me back. I couldn't get my head/neck comfortable last night. I thrashed so hard that the pillowcases slid right off the pillows! It was probably some odd movement I did yesterday to set it off. I've also been thirsty lately, I drank lots of water last night.

Sneezing and swigging my tea with milk and sugar but nada. So Advil, it is. Either that, or I'll gnaw on somebody's ankle. Gotta go shopping before the thundering hoardes arise. Hoards? LOL. I need MILK (said the kitten.) Hordes. You just can't hoard milk. It doesn't work that way.

What exacerbates this, is that I'm drug intolerant. Especially when it comes to pain medications. I can't abide Tylenol. My body thinks it's poisonous. I am le barfoquean, I am. Can't take Excedrin, either. Tunnel vision and general weird out of body experiences are not complimentary to a full-on headache.

Friends suggest caffeine, Coke, chocolate, cannabis, and chamomile. But I can take chocolate. If only I had some chocolate. At this point maybe some hash brownies might offer relief. Rage, rage against the light, and the noise, and the heat, and the light. I can't read, I can't watch TV, I can't surf the internet...

Still no luck. Round three for Advil. what kind of baseball game is this anyway?

POSTSCRIPT: That was a three-day headache. Finallly, some relief. I broke the back of that sucker with a lethal combo of Advil, chocolate and wine, plus gallons of tea.

Revised from a Facebook post: added 8/17

No comments: