Friday, August 14, 2015

Finbar Furey at UICC

I can’t believe that I never wrote a post about seeing Finbar Furey at the United Irish cultural center. Here’s hoping I wrote something in one of my journals. If not, then this is a placeholder. 

I’m sure we did not pay for those tickets as Neil was part of the pre-party ceilidh with the Gasmen. My cousin, Pat D’Arcy was there with her family, and when Finbar saw her, he went up and gave her a hug. Turns out he remembered her from decades past. She was positively shocked. 

That was the last time I saw her son, my second cousin Pat, who died soon after. It was a hell of a week as my aunt Jane had died, also, and there were tremendous wildfires in the north bay. Not only that, I was in dire pain, because I cracked a molar all the way down to the gum line, which necessitated its pulling and nothing worked to kill the pain.Eventually, I was swigging and gargling with scotch and I don’t even drink it.


No comments: