Stardate: 02272015. This morning, we wrote poems to our hands in a 2nd grade class, and when we were done, we all spontaneously made Spock salutes. Came home to the news to find that while we were saluting Spock, making the sign of shin, the sign for God, was right after he had died. RIP Spock. Dif-tor heh smusma. Live long and prosper, Leonard Nimoy. Return to the stars, old man. I have always been, and shall ever be, your fan. Godspeed, to you, on that final frontier, I'm sure you will find it fascinating. Indeed.
When Leonard told his Ukrainian father, who ran a barber shop in a Boston ghetto, he said, "Learn to play the accordion," he urged. "You can always make a living with an accordion. There will always be bar mitzvahs, weddings." Said Nimoy, “I never learned.” I can well imagine Leonard auditioning out a soulfully dark rendition of Chichornya on the other side.
No comments:
Post a Comment