Wednesday, October 22, 2014
Bluetooth wars and harrd drive woes
For some reason, my mouse freezes every time I touch the numeric keypad (annoying). Ever the drama queen, it goes into cardiac arrest. Then I'm stuck with a frozen window. If it had tiny mouse feet, they would be sticking up in the air—dead dead dead. So I have to turn everything off and on, not a good plan. It all began innocently enough: after one crash too many, my back-up hard drives decided not to show up to the party. Of course, I went into super hyperventilate warp drive overload when my long-in-tooth Maxtor drives (which have outlasted the replacement drives) just don't want to play nice with each other at the same time. Must be having a tiff. New backup drive is on order.
I’m getting cleverer at reviving my screen. TG for the Force Quit window. As long as I kill any program, it'll unfreeze. Time to clean the keyboard—popping keys off and smacking its bottom hard is strangely satisfying. Hope it works. I think my keyboard is dying—at least the numeric pad is.. Talk about Mercury retrograde. No more frozen screen. Think I'll whack the keyboard again, just because I can. Where's that hard reset hammer when I need it?
At first I thought my typing skills went south, then I realized it's my keyboard. It's really old. I keep it clean but still, it has odd ideas as to how words are spelled and since I'm OCD about things like that.... it’s as if some of the keys went on walkabout! LOL. Some wingclipping is in order. I'm counting the days until my new backup hard drive arrives then I'll employ the hard reset tool to the old Maxtors. Solar flare might explain what’s going on. My keyboard is Bluetooth, my mouse is Bluetooth. They’re not playing nicely. And I’m far too dyslexic to use a manual typewriter...
New hard drive arrived today, just in time for the eclipse. Boy, was I ever torn between the two. Eclipse won out. Cloning old drives now. Still cloning; about half way there. I also added new RAM to the old MacBook (and a solid state drive a while back). It's tricked out with 8 MB memory. Super fast. A good way to extend life in legacy laptops, solid state hard drive (the fastest you can get), and max out the memory. Way cheaper than getting a new laptop. Of course it runs hot, which isn’t good for the motherboard, like a very hot cat on my lap. It’s only a matter of time when the motherboard goes south, and there’s no fixing that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment