I am a reclining social media typist. My keyboard is leaning at a 37* angle on my lap. Propped up on the bed at a 37* angle (the angle of declination), with a bran hull pillow under my poor knee. I can't do much else these days. I've become a bum with a knee for an excuse.
With my keyboard on the fritz, I'm lucky to get anything correct. If I touch the num-pad or move the keyboard, it freezes. Sometimes it types the oddest string of letters as if possessed. I need a new one but I really prefer a bluetooth keyboard to a leashed one. And money is not an option. Meaning I have no money to option. No matter that the pain has turned my brain to fuzzy logic.
* * *
Last night I took the kinezio tape off my knee (it was itching like mad), with no support, my knee feels very unstable—just to walk to the teapot for a refill is tricky.
Acupuncture today. Not sure it'll be of any use. Waiting for simple surgery—in a holding pattern stuck in bureaucratic mode. A simple meniscus trim job‚ cartilage torn in two places. Both sides of the knee. Agh! I imagine loose-jointed chicken carcasses.
* * *
Day two of headaches. What is it about mid-June triggering migraines? Tea is not working. Got right cranky and tweeted to Sherman Alexie "Don't be such a twat" on Twitter for tweeting "Grammar cops are rarely good writers." Then I deleted it. Maybe Advil would be a good idea.
Clearly Sherman Alexie has not been reading any trashy novels on his Kindle. He is still a twat.
* * *
Clearly Sherman Alexie has not been reading any trashy novels on his Kindle. He is still a twat.
* * *
I'm averaging a book and a half a day on Kindle. Freebies rule. OMG, the typos! They hurt my eyes, affront my sensibilities. Usually they flub the possessive: it's vs its. But the grammar is also fairly a·tro·cious! I actually wrote to one author, who ruined her great storyline with too many sentences constructed with an overly aggressive possessive use of the common noun: the door's knob. The room's ceiling. Really? SO what's the technical term for this? Other than bad writing.
Makes me stop and look at the wonky sentence construction every time. Have any of these so-called authors ever heard of editors? Or grammar?
Understand, I'm a very forgiving reader when it comes to fiction. I can read just about anything including cereal boxes—as I'm a slut for storyline. But enough already! I smacks 'em in the metaphorical gob with a wet fish every time they can't correctly use a compound word, or use unnecessary and excessive apostrophes. Or get confused by homonyms. Makes for very fishy reading.
My bed is a vast sea of unschooled fish.
What came out of this process, call it a rant, were my Amazon reviews:
My Amazon Book Reviews
March 27, 2014 I posted my first review.
My bed is a vast sea of unschooled fish.
What came out of this process, call it a rant, were my Amazon reviews:
My Amazon Book Reviews
March 27, 2014 I posted my first review.
No comments:
Post a Comment