Friday, June 20, 2008
Scotland notes, seeking WiFi on the Solstice
6/20 I can't believe I am in Scotland, sitting in a meadow near the ruins of Johnstone Castle, where Chopin once played...it's nearly 9 PM and the sun still hasn't set, the sky is spitting, I'm freezing but it's the only place where I can get wifi reception!
If the council houses weren't in the way, I could look right across the Clyde Valley & Clyde River and see Ben Lomond. I bet there's snow on it.
There's an Arctic wind blowing. Good thing I brought my fleece jacket! Alas, I didn't bring my longjohns or cords, and I will regret it I think...jeans not as warm.
When we flew over Tahoe, the sky was thick with smoke, is California burning??? We left in the midst of a record heat wave and arrived to near winter conditions.
People here are very gossipy I've noted...they are eyeing me susppiciously as I communicate on my laptop from the field, literally... I have to send this now just in case transmission ends. (Neil’s mum is scandalized that I choose to sit outside and write on my laptop. It doesn’t bode well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment