Monday, September 4, 1995
Bolinas Journal: Labor Day at the crossroads
Labor Day in Bolinas. A parade and drum circle at the crossroads. A chalk circle mandala.
Yesterday, we went rowing in the lagoon. Herman and Verona were content to be bickering passengers. Herman was finding arguments and everything Verona said. As usual I was the one rowing against the tide and wind.
The lagoon and the creek were beautiful. It's good to periodically get a view of the land from the water, it puts everything into perspective. Houses diminish, the streets, the cars, the people become invisible—even the pounding hammers lost their barking.
Today's the big Bolinas Labor Day street party and I'm alone here.
Verona and Herman went back to Novato early and I was too tired to return home to cook dinner. I read until 10PM and nodded off to sleep. I only had a 12-hour day, so I had lots of wild dreams and slept until nine AM. It's unusual for me to sleep 11 hours unless something's wrong.
It's as if the ache has settled in my hips, I don't think it's depression, it's more like physical contact. The outside and inside worlds colliding.
September 4, 1995 Bolinas
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment