Friday, April 21, 2017

OOSE


A friend who lives alone, writes of finding MOAHBs (the mother of all hairballs) in her shower drain. Of course I read it as MOABs, and wondered how the mother of all bombs found its way into her drain. It could've been worse, it could've been found in the cat's stomach, or on the carpet, for example. She could've been barefoot. In the dark. Today I've been re-homing the mother of all dust bunnies (or as Neil says, oose) in a rare vacuum cleaner exploration of the house. Entire warrens of oose herds bite the dust as my trusty dust guppie slithers and slurps, hoovering them all up like a deranged Anthony Hopkins over a plate of fava beans and a nice bottle of chianti.

4/21/17



first draft: Could've been worse, the cat's stomach, for example. I've been rehoming the mother of all dust bunnies (or as Neil says, oose) in a rare vacuum exploration of the house.

this could fit either Day 20, or 21 for Robert Lee Brewer's Poem a Day Challenge But, no, I did not use a poem prompt. My mind's naturally twisted that way. Most of my poems come from Facebook comments, whether fresh (like tis one), or from the archives: on This Day....

No comments: