I re-injured my hip from my August mishap. My left leg fell asleep while I was writing. I was too impatient to wake it up. So I charged down the stairs, like a rhino, and got a colossal Charley-horse for my troubles.
I pulled my psoas and hip flexor muscles, along with my thigh and calf muscles. my leg turned magenta, I thought I was going to die. I did myself in good this time. Then I thought I was going to die from the pain. My impatience and my urge to work through the pain laid me up for more than two months during the summer.
Fast forward, various minor abuses, mainly from moving all my stuff into storage In December because I had to move all my stuff from Donna Champion’s house, resulted in a re-injury of my hip flexor muscles two weeks ago, Wednesday.
Week one was excruciating pain. I thought I was going to die. But I knew the drill. Week two, I was able to hobble about a bit. Tomorrow is week three. I can walk, but it hurts and threatens worse to come. There is no cure except rest and time—and the biggest punishment, not standing up. I have to teach tomorrow. How will I do it? Horizontally? Here’s hoping it’s not too soon to be up and about.
All this to say I am not in my Wednesday zoom writing group because I teach Wednesdays and I’ve been in far too much pain to write in Molly‘s February poem day group. Playing catch up. You think with all this downtime, I’d have some good writing bits. Nope. You can’t write when you’re in pain.
No comments:
Post a Comment