Well, actually the peacock is preening himself
in front of the mirror in a public restroom,
possibly at a park, but at least he chose the men’s room.
It could be worse. Maybe he was avoiding the long loo lines.
He admires himself and his tres chic body double,
never taking on his reflection like some birds I know.
No head-banging against the glass like that chickadee
I finally had to capture to give him a time out
before he broke his beak in a testosterone-induced rage.
The peacock’s long tail is like a ballgown train,
perhaps he is planning to attend the Oscars for best of show.
Or he’s an exotic dancer escaped from the Folies Bergère.
He’s got the long legs perfect for the role. But this is not Paris.
Why he chose that place to admire himself and preen,
I suspect it is something we will never know.
2/13/24 Molly Fisk PaD
No comments:
Post a Comment