Sunday, October 29, 2023

Facebook Fail, friends Hollywood squares

And this was my consolation prize. Facebook mixed and matched my friends’ names with new portraits. Only correct name and portrait is Jay Barrett. Dickens Fourtyfour is now Sarah Reid or her horse— I’m not sure which, and Eolah Bates will be delighted to know that she is now Dickens 44. They’re both bohemian artists. And my cousin Kevin is now grade school classmate John Watts. They both have an retro thing going. And anthropologist Andrew Hayes is now poet Tehmina Khan! And darling Lilah Christine Tuggle has magically transformed into my other Irish cousin Danielle McCormack. Since I’ve known Lilah since she was a baby, we’re practically related anyway. Is it Dada or Kafkaesque gaslighting? Weird doesn’t even begin to cover it. Whatever happened to let the punishment fit the crime?


It was fun while it lasted. I did a hard iPad restart and all returned to normal. No more mismatched Facebook Hollywood Squares. But Sarah Reid disappeared! I rarely accept new friends, nor repost other posts—to keep the hackability down. And no, I don’t think a human troll is behind these hijinks. FB is phukdup. Lol, and now Sarah is back with her horse, Oreo.

Dec. 5
Aaaand Facebook once again is mixing it up, with my Friends List, swapping out names and profiles. Third time’s a charm? For some reason only Jay Barrett’s name is correct, though he doesn’t really look like a boxer. And a Facebook hard restart rights it all. Jay is still a boxer, by choice. He looks much better than that, BTW.

No comments: