Five poems and two photos published in Memories of Southern California: Poetic Recollections, PDF/hard copy, Four Feathers Press monthly publication plus chapbook series, Don Kingfisher Campbell, Editor, 2022. 13th WAVE, Storm, Buenaventura (photo), TECOPA HOT SPRINGS (photo), NATURAL SELECTION, SIMMER RITUAL.
Yeep, I thought I was submitting poems to another edition of Spectrum. I didn’t get past the premise of the title—I like themed entries—as the deadline was hours away. My bad. Imagine my surprise to learn it’s Four Feather Press, not Spectrum, which has moved to an online format. Not sure how to handle the format as it straddles publishing realms, not quite a vanity press, only existing as a PDF, or print on demand, and the poems are not available on Don’s website so very few people will ever actually see the poems—other than those of us who have had poems accepted. Oh well.
I expected Don to take one poem, not all five, and one wasn’t even a poem! I’ve known Don for decades—most of my life through California Poets in the Schools—and I do like supporting his publishing endeavors with my work and I find it a good choice to find published homes for my older poems.
Perfect bound printed copies of the book will be available for $15 a copy (includes shipping) until November 14th, 2022. Please use Meta Pay (Don Kingfisher Campbell), Venmo (@don-campbell-82), or Zelle (my email address). Or snail mail a check to Don Campbell, 1313 Edgewood Dr, Alhambra, CA 91803-1909.



No comments:
Post a Comment