Good news: I slept 8 hours last night.
Bad news: It's 2:30AM
So, how does the full night's sleep thing work?
What fresh hell is this?
Resist mid-winter, sleepless
& cranky as a bear.
I resorted to
watching Hawaii 5-0,
worked like a charm. Zzzzzx.
A rockabye shake
from a 4.5 quake
thus murdered sleep.
1.4.18I strive for 7 hours sleep a night. So I was excited that I got in a full 8 hours on NYD eve (even if it was in two shifts), I woke up at 5:30 AM and was so tired, after 5 hours sleep, I actually went back to sleep until 9 AM, which is pretty rare.
I don't want to embrace my sleeplessness at 3 AM. But I've been so tired, averaging 5-6 hours sleep a night. So I was excited that I got in a full 8 hours (in two shifts. Then, with a full 8 hours sleep under my belt, I couldn't go back to sleep last night. Pie owl-eyed.
Reading articles doesn't work, BTW, no matter how boring they are....
I can't nap. If I do, then I usually feel awful (hung-over), when I awaken. Then I have to redo the full morning wake-up routine at dinner time—sans tea (a miracle drug.) No flasks of tea are ever harmed after about 1 PM.
It could've been the wee bit o midnight chocolate. Apparently I slept on a piece of fudge. (I do make a mean bittersweett fudge, flavored with Kahalua.) I don't recommend sleeping on bittersweett fudge, a batard adaption of a See's recipe from when my aunt worked at C&H. See's was a very good client. But when they sent her the bill, she nearly fainted, it was something like $250 in 1960s economy. So she sold copies of the recipe for $5 ea.
Why it's all such a big deal, besides being permanently cranky, if I don't get enough sleep, (7+ hours), then I fall prey to every virus that comes along. In fact, one of the signs that I'm getting a virus is when I nap! Two bad colds in December.
On second thought, it was probably the full wolf moon, as my bed is locked away in a dark recess, where no streetlights or moonlight falls, I'm extremely sensitive to light at night. But to be fair, I was editing photos til late last night, and that tends to amp me up, as it's such intense work.
If only I could schedule sleep...well, every once and a while I meet the sleep quota.
No comments:
Post a Comment