Buttermilk skies over Santa Barbara, another hot one. It was 108 degrees in Salinas and hot enough to fry eggs in to Camp Roberts yesterday. Two traffic jams. One roadside fire, and a car caught fire on Highway 101 just past Camp Roberts. Hot. 84 in Atascadero. And then 98 in Santa Barbara. Nothing like a 25 degree drop in temperature all at once. Yoyo temperatures. Coyotes are too hot to howl properly. All that fur. Hope it'll be cooler today for our California Poets in the Schools symposium which promises to be hot in a good way.
So many skeletons of recent fires all the way down hwy 101. At least ten. Luckily they were all extinguished. Pale ash ghosts.
It rained in Ventura, Santa Barbara and near Salinas...I wasn’t expecting that. Hard to believe that I woke to the sound of rain in Ventura, Petrichor! Then I swam in the ocean.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment