Monday, August 12, 2013
Note to Molly Fisk on Painting
I can never copy anything over again in art, per se—I get bored, and lose focus—but I can create a series just fine. Each one, a variation on a theme. Consider it an exercise to paint in a series. More room for exploration and experimentation. Best words in art are: what happens if…?What's cool about the serial approach to painting is that you get lots of pieces of art (in your case, many small canvases), and loads of room to experiment. And you can work on several pieces simultaneously. One painting can set up or dry while you take the new idea to the next level on the next piece, and so on. I sort of enter into a trance state when I'm doing silk, or wet pastel series. It's like dancing with your art. The rhythm of the gleaners in the field.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment