Wednesday, October 24, 2012
Swallowing a wisdom tooth
Damned! Just ate a quadrant of my wisdom tooth—does that make me any less smarter? I still have 3.75 wisdom teeth left. I have very small teeth and a long jawline . So I need all the wisdom and grinding surface I can get! Ok, so after a visit to the dentist, I'm gumming it—wisdom tooth with a shiny new silver filling. Sort of like putting new spats on old shoes. I have a very sore mouth, and have met one rather disgruntled dentist—why is it that ALL dentists feel wisdom teeth should be plucked out of our heads before we're barely ripe? Let alone, smart? I have perfectly well behaved wisdom teeth, that don't take cuts in line, or jump the queue. They’re not shoving my molars off the bus. Great little grinders they are—even if they do collect cruft in the far corners of my mouth. TG I have all four, er, make that 3.75 wisdom teeth. I ate the other .25. Great source of calcium. If you want to keep your molars, avoid Grape Nuts, popcorn, corn nuts, and almonds! I dare say these are the first wisdom teeth my dentist has ever filled. He who used to work on the mouth of Jessica Hagadorn...she hardly had any teeth. He wondered why she even bothered. His morning wasn’t all in vain as he had to replace a filling on another tooth. It was the filling on my lower molar that crumbled, leaving my wisdom tooth vulnerable, and the rock-hard almond just sheared it right off. There’s a metaphor buried somewhere in all this, only I can’t quite put my finger on it. Guess I need a full set of wisdom teeth for that one.
Vaguely revised 10/24/18
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment