Was it easy to die? The birds know.
Seeking the double life
I practice letting go.
Can the dead communicate with the living?
I remember saying to my aunt,
Can the dead communicate with the living?
I remember saying to my aunt,
She is already dead inside.
The long vowels slide off the tongue.
A voice stitched inside the throat of memory
The mother – daughter distance,
A voice stitched inside the throat of memory
The mother – daughter distance,
The past is always a graveyard,
thoughts, the burden of existence.
Stones sing their way toward the ocean.
Nothing persists like silence,
Nothing persists like silence,
the end of the room,
the beginning of the world.
28 March 1995
It's the 6 month anniversary
of my mother's death.
She is still with me.
Death brushes my shoulders.
My truck spins out of control,
slick roads, & the gnawing hunger
of precipitous cliffs.
But she is driving me.
So for now, we are safe.
28 March 1995
rev. slightly 16/11/2015
No comments:
Post a Comment