Friday, October 24, 1986

Letter from Rosalind Sharpe Wall

Dear Maureen:                      October 24, 1986 (I can’t read much of it)

I was much moved by your poems and their quality – also seeing your picture with that nice young man. I am glad you are seeing something of Micaela. 

My only suggestion in regards to a poetry reading or whatever, is the Carl Cherry Foundation. My friend Jane Wilgevess is no longer the curator, but if you just write the foundation and mention my name to them. I am still Rosalind Sharpe Wall, an accompanying booklet I wrote for them. you will get some sort of answer and I believe their policies have changed somewhat since Jane is no longer heading it, but I am sure they will give you some preference on my account, if none other. 

The address is Cherry Foundation, PO Box 863, Carmel, CA 93921 phone 408-624-749. 

The artistic center is at the Sunset cultural center but I don’t know how to contact them. I will try to find out and write you again.

I am home which is to say, in my home technically, but I don’t get around and don’t generally mind …. Much on account of my physical condition. In addition to advanced emphysema, I am on oxygen, I am crippled and can walk almost not at all. 

But I am busy writing, Maureen, my book on the Big Sur coast. I am rewriting it. When the Coast was Wild and Lonely will be out in January by …  I hope my publisher will be sending you an invitation to the  autograph party at the Thunderbird bookshop. I hope you can come. I … and hope it is a meal of food to … and I hope that my professors at SSU might be able to come. Helen Dunn, Marty Blaze, Gerry Haslam and Jerry Rosen.

I am much interested from… that’s my book was excepted by a house a creative project in lieu of a journal MA thesis in 1984.

In the past two months I have been working on a new version of the New Tarot for the Aquarian Age, but Alice Kent and I do not see eye to eye on it, and although she says she is giving it back over to me, she is retaining control. And I have four other books to write I am a little miffed?…. and I made working in it? a priority. Not … I shall plow on, but I realize it will all come together in the end. … It has been restrictive and depressing to me. But I realize it will all come out alright in the end.

Tell Micaela to show you my story about Bixby creek where I grew up in the Herald which was published September 21. It’s a freelance piece for the Monterey Herald weekend magazine.

I intend to type all after some publ. I will call in the next day or two the Sunset Cultural Center about its programming. Meanwhile go ahead and write to the cherry foundation. As a writer, I have dropped the Wall, after all, I am an ex Mrs. having been divorced for over 30 years so I have reverted back to my maiden name, Rosalind Sharpe. 

Love to you Maureen, 
signed, Rosalind

October 25, 1986 dear Maureen

Have some more info for you. Cherry Hall seats 50 and the charge is $10 per hour but they are open to  negotiation. Phone or write Linda Coppens c/o the Cherry Foundation, same address phone number, call Tuesday through Friday between 9:30 and 4:30 ask for Linda Copppens. 

carpenter carpenter Hall at the Sunset center seats 150. Some thing a address is PO Box 5066, Carmel, CA 93921 phone 408-624-3996 I don’t know what the charges for advanced publicity releases that could be arranged there The Monterey Peninsula herald in the Carmel pinecone PO Box G Carmel but eyes support the cherry foundation and or the carpenter whole arrange the advance publicity releases cherry foundation runs a something enormously schedule cultural events in the Carmel pinecone I don’t know who is crutch in the who is to contact at the Herald but I will find out once you have the cherry foundation and or Carpenter hall or sunset Creek love Rossiland Then she writes on the back of the envelope this is PS I miss addressed a letter to you yesterday but this one contains the info you needed hi

No comments: