Friday, July 26, 2019

Synchronous photo shoot on the Petaluma River (photos)


Sinead & I wasting time in a floating Gazebo. Sande Anfang  photo

I was surprised to find this photo on Facebook posted by a poet friend, because I had simultaneously taken a photo of her in the boat as well, neither of us knowing that we knew each other. Small world. What a strange and delightful gift to find on Facebook. Zero degrees of separation.

I posted a comment beneath her photo of us: Sande Anfang.That was me in the gazebo. What are the chances of us meeting in the middle of the Petaluma River like that, each taking a photo of the other without knowing that we knew each other, only to find ourselves posted on Facebook, after the fact? What are the chances?

Sande said: Oh! So cool, Mo! I couldn't see very well. Sun was in my eyes. My friends take their little boat out all the time. Such a blast! It's tough to take focused pictures in the wind and water, everything moving.

I said, We thought to ask you for a lift, just because.... I'm bummed my camera didn't focus. Most pix I took today, I wound up tossing all of them. Yeah, it was one of those days where my camera said Nope nope nope. I need a new camera.

Sande Anfang headed towards Petaluma. Maureen Hurley photo

Sinead and I had been ingloriously unhomed, after the methhead drove his truck into the living room of the Nicasio house on the 4th of July. So we had odd bits of time on our hands, both of us experiencing PTSD from the accident, so we revisited old haunts, seeking some sort of equilibrium and balance. Not much stability on a floating gazebo—more like a rocking bed—like the beds we had to flee three weeks ago. I guess the world is our bed now. No turning back to what once was. A portion of our life has ended. So that day in the gazebo was a little bit of magic, a waiting room while we waited to see what the future would bring.

No comments: