Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Changing my Facebook name


Kewl, I can change my name on Facebook. I am now the Mighty Mo. My friends said, you have always been The Mighty Mo. See, I was called Maureen when I was in deep trouble, and it was my public name at school, and that was a permanent case of deep trouble. My real name was Baba when I was growing up. Maureen was my mother, her nickname was More. I resisted the nickname Mo for decades, It began with the publicity on the Beatles, Ringo Starr’s wife was called Mo, but by the time I got involved with John Oliver Simon, I quit fighting the nickname, and have grown quite accustomed to its face... Someone quipped, I assume you know that is the name of a battleship? And I replied, If the battleship fits! It’s in Oahu, at Pearl Harbor, and yes, I have the photos  to prove it. A survivor.

Note that. My artist page remains the same! With my full name. It may seem a bit Mickey Mouse to make a fanfare about changing my Facebook name, but it was too confusing to have two accounts with the same name. And friends were leaving personal messages on my artist/writer page, then wondering why I never responded.

  • What's in a Nickname?
  • The Mighty Mo
  • NOTE: THIS POST ALONG WITH 12 OTHER POSTS WAS ERRONEOUSLY REMOVED BY BLOGGER FOR VIOLATING COMMUNITY STANDARDS ON 5/14/21. It was reinstated as a draft the next day. I am still pissed off.

No comments: