In the sacred circle of Pachamama
time itself is transparent.
Temporary islands of whales
rise and fall like tectonic plates
or reed houses on Lake Titicaca.
At Machu Picchu the wind says
we're connected on a deeper level
than this earthly plane.
You say one doesn't recover from old age
but we are on that great cosmic curve the double helix.
The intihuacana is thirsty for chicha and flowers.
I dream of one rubber boot to cross the water,
and eyes painted on the bedroom of the sky.
Out of the debris, transformation.
Basements of the dead
turned into statements of the living.
Something is brewing in the five corners of the world.
Pachamama is crying but we are listening
for translations of wind in the ceiba trees.
The Cold War is ending with the children
reaching across borders and singing.
A golden eagle keens in the wind.
How quickly the night comes.
1989?
1990 Green Fuse
1993 Mother Earth Journal
this is a completely different poem
Lately, I’ve been touching the spines of your books
something speaking to me from afar
The wind says, the night sighs
we’re connected on a deeper level
than this earthly plane.
This thing called love
we never said in my family.
That the man killing me with his blue eyes
the way the glacier pulverizes stone
in its undertow of blue light called it love.
I am a mover of small rocks.
I prefer the way of sky.
Is there nothing but emptiness ahead?
Outside of this grammar I write patriarchal nouns, verbs.
I don’t know how to pull the circle around me.
You say one doesn’t recover from old age.
It’s nymph cancer we all have
but we are on that great cosmic curve the double helix.
Invisible worms eat the rose at noon.
I don’t know how to crawl inside the structure of language.
The phallus I write with.
Is there nothing but emptiness ahead?
Outside of this grammar I write patriarchal nouns, verbs.
I don’t know how to pull the circle around me.
You say one doesn’t recover from old age.
It’s nymph cancer we all have
but we are on that great cosmic curve the double helix.
Invisible worms eat the rose at noon.
I don’t know how to crawl inside the structure of language.
The phallus I write with.
On this earth we are the goddesses.
Man will destroy even himself for an idea.
Men lose their dreaming and forget why they’re live.
I dreamed that eyes were painted
Man will destroy even himself for an idea.
Men lose their dreaming and forget why they’re live.
I dreamed that eyes were painted
on the blue wall of the bedroom of the sky
and the earth dam burst. The only way out was down.
I fill my house with food I don’t eat
and he hands me chocolate in a a broken bowl.
One rubber boot to cross the water.
Iguanas purring like cats.
Out of the debris, transformation.
The basements of the dead
are turned into into statements of the living.
I have been to Machu Picchu and left white stones.
On an island in Lake Titicaca
I lay in the sacred circle of Pacahmama
and understood time itself is transparent
Something is brewing in the five corners of the world.
Pachamama is crying but we are here listening
for translations of the wind.
I am on the brink, going back to Russia
I fill my house with food I don’t eat
and he hands me chocolate in a a broken bowl.
One rubber boot to cross the water.
Iguanas purring like cats.
Out of the debris, transformation.
The basements of the dead
are turned into into statements of the living.
I have been to Machu Picchu and left white stones.
On an island in Lake Titicaca
I lay in the sacred circle of Pacahmama
and understood time itself is transparent
Something is brewing in the five corners of the world.
Pachamama is crying but we are here listening
for translations of the wind.
I am on the brink, going back to Russia
to find something that was lost.
The Cold war is ending with the children
reaching across borders singing
We Are the World
We are the children on this coast.
Temporary islands of whales at Fort Ross
rise and fall like the tectonic plates.
No more otter. Just abalone and the salmon.
A golden eagle keens in the wind.
The coyotes howled.
How quickly the night comes.
rev. 1/11/92
The Cold war is ending with the children
reaching across borders singing
We Are the World
We are the children on this coast.
Temporary islands of whales at Fort Ross
rise and fall like the tectonic plates.
No more otter. Just abalone and the salmon.
A golden eagle keens in the wind.
The coyotes howled.
How quickly the night comes.
rev. 1/11/92

No comments:
Post a Comment