The Poetry Center is jammed. Obviously Transfer Magazine is the poetry journal to be in. Last Tuesday's 14 Hills reading, the room was half full. I had two poems accepted: RED POPPIES, and APPROACHING THE ARGUMENT. Both are Dutch poems. For Transfer, I submitted THE ENTROPHY OF EMPTY ROOMS, and THE QUARRY AT REGENWEG. Dan Langton said: "Poems about nostalgia and photographs is a 20th century phoenomenon. It fits the bill." Not sure if that was a compliment—or a backslap. Well, they were written in the 20th c. Get with the 21st century. What will be the new voice of the century, I wonder.
Friday, May 18, 2001
Transfer Reading, SFSU
The Poetry Center is jammed. Obviously Transfer Magazine is the poetry journal to be in. Last Tuesday's 14 Hills reading, the room was half full. I had two poems accepted: RED POPPIES, and APPROACHING THE ARGUMENT. Both are Dutch poems. For Transfer, I submitted THE ENTROPHY OF EMPTY ROOMS, and THE QUARRY AT REGENWEG. Dan Langton said: "Poems about nostalgia and photographs is a 20th century phoenomenon. It fits the bill." Not sure if that was a compliment—or a backslap. Well, they were written in the 20th c. Get with the 21st century. What will be the new voice of the century, I wonder.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment