Wednesday, April 20, 1994

PHASES OF THE MOON

PHASES OF THE MOON

I keep thinking about the side never seen by man,
not even Armstrong and Aldrin.
I am always keeping my face toward you
in synchronous rotation,
one side always in the arms of night,
no matter how 1 twist and turn toward the day
except for those times when the earth intervenes.
My dreams are the hard reality of stellar dust
I would like to be a dancer, slender as a thought
at the parties of the gods. Where is Apollo's logic
In the sky at night, dreams of colors unimagined
the side never seen by the sun
or passion in synchronous rotation.
No flags to blemish my face
waxing, waning, crescent & gibbous
no footprints left in lunar dust
my faith, or happiness.

when? March-April 1994

found in a recycled scrap paper pile, several poems I'd published in a CPITS poetry book. No ecopy, no hard copy. No journal entry. Nada. Probably written in a CPITS poetry workshop... I tended to use poems that were written in a particular class as my poetry contribution. Another poem on the page, ANALOGOUS TIME, was written April 20, 1994. So I'll load it there. TWILIGHT ARRIVES was written in March 9, 1994, all on Wednesdays. Hence the CPITS link. Only odd poem out, SPEED OF LIGHT was from 1985. But it was in a CPITS folder.












No comments: