Tuesday, January 14, 1992
HARDEDGE LINES fragments
Besides these words,
what beast has escaped
to wrap me in mobius strips?
Einstein was right,
gravity bends light.
Feeling guilty
for switching lovers
we say the moon's in void.
Lunar dust and wind-chill factors.
Light askew in the heavens.
The blizzard of truth
loosened in this room
strikes only once like lightning
smoking pistoleros—
a column of hard stone,
honest and blue.
Though no longer in love with the idea of love,
I still crave chocolate in late afternoon.
Freudian slip. Freud was a cross-dresser.
What does he know of the incestuous relationships of poets?
When I said nothing happened,
she didn't want to believe me or to be made a fool of.
Then asks, is it serious, should she bow out?
I awoke saying Remember Safeway!
& of course, I couldn’t remember it.
Who is responsible for this anyway?
The Tonight show
will not be shown tonight
& we bid you good night.
At Nicasio Reservoir I stood naked in the moonlight
A black man with a fishing pole
wearing a Santa hat climbed the bank.
No fish. This is not the north pole in May.
I stand transfixed in this place like the orbit of stars.
some of these lines became short love poems
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment