I have nothing more to work at
than to make silvery images.
Flickering horizons. Imagined vertigo.
I have nothing more to do than sift icons.
I make sense of random patterns and snow.
They occupy the space in front of me
Flickering horizons. Imagined vertigo.
I have nothing more to do than sift icons.
I make sense of random patterns and snow.
They occupy the space in front of me
in perfect obeisance. My body is a temple.
A life without complications, Alberto said.
They worry about all the stories inside me
A life without complications, Alberto said.
They worry about all the stories inside me
they wish were theirs. I play out
visions over and over
as if there were no future, no history.
Though I cannot offer them anything real,
Though I cannot offer them anything real,
my seeds are broadcast beyond the living rooms
of their minds and out into the universe
where only the stars can decode the signals.
2/27/1989
Mark West School
Even more lost poems, 1989 seems to have been a bad year for files. They're all from the dot matrix days. No laser printers yet.

No comments:
Post a Comment