Friday, September 16, 1983
7 POEM FRAGMENTS, no date, end of summer 83?
Music running across prairies
under milky trees and golden silence,
it roars across the evening sky
and shakes the essence of night from the trees.
On the hillsides, raspberry bushes
overlook the meadow. The birds sing.
Tonight, the moonlight shines in the trees,
last night of summer.
1983?
Seedlings push earth in musical notations
A violin breaks the glass
A worm dances to the music.
Spiders huddling
over corpses of the dead
wringing their hands
Eating rabbit looks like a skinned cat
and taste like dry chicken
Tougher stomach muscles than the chickens
Eating rodents, Romans eating dormice,
sleepy mice kept in clay pots
for the fattening winter
Outside the quiet classroom
children yelling
floating sound resonates in the air
like the loneliness of a fever.
So sorry I broke into your glass house
but I fell off the stairs I needed a bath.
The door was open and the cat
hadn't been fed in three days
and it was a stone's throw away from the fridge.
Floral clocks of darkness
are singing to the rocks of love
and fish sleep out of the rainbow
and petals fall from the teeth of poetry
while I sit looking pretty writing poetry.
September 1983?
added 9/15/2016
I probably wrote these in class, teaching CPITS
(next poem is Her mask of attention slips...if that helps)
SHORT POEMS 81-85
MASK OF COUNTERFEIT HEIGHTS
Her mask of attention slips
as she turns toward the sun
Clocks of sovereign weight
sit in rapt attention
Through her open window
a radio blares
to the rhythm of flapping laundry
next door
The judge's mask slips
Who gave her reason
to tilt volumes of abysmal trees
on their sides
don't they know she is a financier
of earthquakes?
alas, no date.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment