you know it's bad news
when the camera repair man calls
and says well, to start with,
when I took the back off the camera
a spider jumped out.
Have you considered getting another?
Well, since you asked,
this dream is a semi sweet
chocolate covered
macadamia nut in Waikiki.
Since you've asked again
Making love to you
would be like both of us getting laid
by the White Goddess
end comparing notes afterwards.
We're fish mongers throwing back the day's catch
And it's the same finny fish
Neptune keeps slapping back
on the platter of sacrifice
We are both shepherds
We are both shepherds
offering the same sacrificial lamb
to the goddess over and over again
Except the lamb no longer bleeds real blood.
The real blood is 1200 years old
to the goddess over and over again
Except the lamb no longer bleeds real blood.
The real blood is 1200 years old
and has long since faded
into the darkened existence
we dutifully push across the page:
this writing
After making love to you
the footsteps of victory
chalking down
the carnivorous road of need and regret
would resound across the deaf mute page
6/7 1983
Calling Will in Maui
waking up until it's 130 here
so it will be 1030 there
when's the best hot fucking time
to call you I asked.
6/7 1983
into the darkened existence
we dutifully push across the page:
this writing
After making love to you
the footsteps of victory
chalking down
the carnivorous road of need and regret
would resound across the deaf mute page
6/7 1983
Calling Will in Maui
waking up until it's 130 here
so it will be 1030 there
when's the best hot fucking time
to call you I asked.
6/7 1983
She's dressed in red
making brownies after meditation
Hawaiian frog prince
Gary said quick,
jump out of the truck.
You know what to do
You know what to do
only you can save him
He's been waiting
He's been waiting
for your kiss all these years.
Washing off Haleakala dust
Washing off Haleakala dust
Will hands me soap
He said if you wash my back
I'll wash yours.
Gary yells, are you two
still in the shower?
Question On laurels
Snyder said I thought old poets
got to rest on their laurels
and money just came in.
You have to keep working
as hard as you ever did.
Harder. There are no laurels.
When I told Gary Snyder his poems about Cousin Jack spurred me into writing about the ordinary, he said I am honored and he bowed. I said I was a visual artist having come to poetry later in life. I discovered the joys in communicating verbally. He said he wished he was a visual artist, feeling the need to visually express himself. And there you have it. How green is the grass in the next pasture anyway?
Enlightenment
late fall and mangoes
for breakfast every day
for two months
Repeat on an as needed basis.
6/7/1983
added 9/2016
No comments:
Post a Comment