Wednesday, November 28, 1979
3 Poems from Michael Dow workshop
I am a shiny raw yolk
bundled up in a clear membrane.
You pick me up, hold me in your hand.
I ooze black ink through the pores
wherever your skin touches mine.
Surprised by the bleeding, you drop me,
and try to pick me up again, carefully.
And my softness eludes you.
I roll off your fingertips, away from your touch.
The blackness spreads over the yellow,
leaving only a flaccid sack behind.
11/28/1979
With leonine head bent
and hair askew
he sits guarded
with arms and legs crossed
His gaze set on his leather shoe
he listens, nodding
as if in agreement.
I wonder how the syllables
rest in his ears.
11/28/1979
Michael Dow workshop
I wake to the dawn
and take my breathing slow
We think by logical deduction
If logic is deduction,
then what is there to conclude?
I learn from the breath
It carries me where I wander
Along a slipstream of thought
liked a snake tasting
a breath a of sunshine.
11/28/1979
Michael Dow workshop
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment